Tuesday, June 19, 2012

For my Fiona.

Losing You.

Our darkest hour, our blackest days - this is where we found each other,
A beautiful, blonde vision in blue - a daughter, a friend, a wife and a mother.
You taught me how to laugh again and showed me what friendship meant.
Even before you made this journey, I always knew you were Heaven sent.

Another battle dawned on you and it seems like such a short time ago.
When it came to you beating it, I never said "I think". I said "I know".
You endured so very much on this road, yet you never once gave in,
And when it comes to the void and the sadness, I can't even begin.

You were always there when I needed you...and I know that you still are.
I am able to see the world for what it is, the sun, the moon, the stars.
Your beliefs, your faith - I have that now, I believe this came from you.
It was all your precious gift to me and I am so blessed to see the truth.

Losing you is a pain I can't describe, not having you here breaks my heart,
However I have come to realise in your short absence that we will never part.
Your body needed rest, my darling. Your spirit then answered God's call,
And it's now in this very moment that I know - I really haven't lost you at all.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment